Sunday, November 23, 2008

I finished two more



 I have two new cross stitch finishes.  Well I say two but they came from one pattern.  It's the Cancer Awareness Blackwork By Kristine Herber.  I did the top portion on one piece of fabric and the bottom on another.  Now I am trying to finish it into a biscornu.  It is more difficult than I thought it would be because of very little edge to this fabric.  If I had count the piece I might have picked a larger piece of fabric but I was trying to use a scrap of fabric.  

I chose to stitch the first half with DMC Variations 4180 in honor of my Mom and Aunt
 Sissy surviving breast cancer.  The bottom half "Hope"  side I used Waterlilies Parfait 023 by Caron, it is an over dyed floss.  I chose because it has yellow and lavender, these colors represent Support Our Troops and General Cancer. I don't know if brain tumors have a color but I have decided to me it will be blue, so that and the lavender and blue are in honor of  my DH.  

Fortune cookie for today:  "Others are deeply moved by your presence."

I hope that you are having a wonderful day.

Hugs

1 comment:

Thank you for comments on my blog.

Followers