Friday, November 14, 2008

STUFF

Lately, I have been working on Christmas presents. It gives me such joy to make handmade presents for my family to open on Christmas. I finished my Grandma's present this week. I think the pictures will help you to understand but I will call it a soap cozy. The good thing is that you don't have to use it in that way for instance you could put Kleenex in it, or maybe your camera, etc.

I hope I get to see the Barbra Walters Show tonight. This is when she airs her show called 'What is a Man, What is a Woman'. From the 'tease' they had on 'The View' this morning it will be a very interesting show. She showed a snippet of the show this morning, I hope we can all rap our heads around this idea, that sounds weird in my head, but I don't know how else to say it. I realized today just how controversial this topic is as I watched my good friends fighting over it. My little Sister tried to intervene and it seemed to cause more friction between the ones fighting. I thought about it for a few hours and decided just how I thought was the best way to intervene.

Here is the email I sent to my friends: At the risk of making all of you hate me, I am asking you please stop all arguing. Remember that we are all friends and what it is that makes our club special. We have all been tolerant of each other and each other’s beliefs for about 9 years now. We are a special group of ladies that share our crafts and our lives.

You have helped me personally me through my MS diagnosis acceptance, which celebrated its 10 year anniversary. I privately celebrated it by making the decision that I will walk again. That is unimportant at this moment. My point is that I love each and every one of you and I hope that you do the same. We are so special. Some of you I have met in person and have had the privilege of inviting you into my home. I wish that everybody could come for a visit. I promise not to charge you rent.

Also during this time, we have watched each others children grow up and become young adults, marriage, and even births of grandchildren.

Please don’t throw away all of these wonderful years over something that we cannot change. Keep in mind this couple that has come out into the public eye, have done so bravely. This isn’t the first man to have a child. Also, keep in mind the reason he kept his female reproductive organs is because his wife could not have a child, and he said those organs did not define him. If you want more information just tune your TV to the Barbra Walters show tonight EST 10 PM.

Now at this time, please stop all discussion on this matter and take a few days to think about things.

I have personally witnessed the fear of rejection in watching my in-law come out of the closet. Please show the bravery that she did by, in the fear of total rejection, coming forward.

Anyway, I hope that this gives you pause for thought before you react.

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. The soap cozy is interesting. I hope I get to see it in person even though I won't be there when she opens it.

    Well said on the other comments.

    TDee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments on my blog.

Followers